The Endless Legacy RPG Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is where we would run a few RPG's via Play-by-Post.

+2
cookiejahr
bret.w
6 posters

APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia...

DM
    DM
    Admin

APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia... Empty APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia...

Post by DM Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Our story begins nearly 300 years ago...

The CCS Magna Graecia was set out as a colony ship to cross the vast and hostile Apocrypha space. The hope was to establish independent colonies that could eventually form a bridge across the wild and untamed space. The CCS Magna Graecia was one of those ships. Each of you were signed on board for some reason, one of thousands who hoped to escape across this unknown barrier. However... Simply ignoring the slumbering horrors in Apocrypha space is as much affront as those who attempted to loot the space years before. With the ships scattered each drifted until they awoke. For some the gravity alarms freed them sending their frozen crew towards the closest habitable planet, if that was in the same system, well some were not so lucky. The CCS Magna Graecia was lucky, if you could call it that, as it drifted around a gas giant its crew slumbering, for nearly 200 years, until one fateful day when the ship drifted too close to the massive giant. The cryo-pods were ejected across the system, with a half dozen habitable planets across the system the guidance protocols malfunctions sending the crew of 50,000 towards different planets. Some close, some far. It is here, you and your companions find yourselves. You awake from Cyro on a beach.

Introduce yourselves, your speaking color, and let's jump right into this...
    LunarFuror

APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia... Empty Re: APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia...

Post by LunarFuror Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Sesh wakes up and steps out of the pod, stretching eyes closed. "Well time to get to..." His eyes open, and he takes in the beach."Work?" He looks around and sees his pod has cratered in the sand, taking out some kind of tree. He scans the sky and landscape hoping to see signs of other's pods, or people who have come out of their pods. He's at the same time terrified of being stranded, but relieved that at least it's a beautiful place.
    bret.w
    bret.w

APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia... Empty Re: APOCRYPHA – What Remains of the CCS Magna Graecia...

Post by bret.w Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 pm

The large dragonborn man snorted, then spat at the ground. What was discharged was a rather large black loogie. He cleared his throat, then turned to the others standing at the board. He eyed them, then turned back to the board to read over the bounty once more. "Goblins. These bastard devilish fiends." He spoke aloud, not caring if the others heard him or not. His voice was as smooth as velvet.
    cookiejahr
    cookiejahr

Post by cookiejahr Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:07 pm

"Indeed," the half elf replied. "Who exactly does this Vixack think he is, taking advantage of these people and causing such pain?"
    benita493
    benita493

Post by benita493 Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Zarissa looked around at the others standing by the board and replied, with a menacing laugh, "We could take on those goblins and that jerk of a Warchief."

"Who wants to join me in this venture?"
    JonoSteffens
    JonoSteffens

Post by JonoSteffens Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Malcer looked around surveying how the crowd took in the statements and the queries voiced and replied cautiously, "I guess I could be up for a little excitement. Provided the proper company."
    cookiejahr
    cookiejahr

Post by cookiejahr Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:16 pm

"I'm always up for a chance to deliver scum what they deserve, but to whom do I owe the pleasure?...." Dravos replies as he takes a step to avoid the tar like mucus and faces his interlocutors.
    bret.w
    bret.w

Post by bret.w Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 pm

"I am Daenerys the Scary. I'll join my sword with anyone who will exterminate the goblin scourge." Dane spoke with conviction. He gave a toothy grin as his hand gently patted against his sword. Dane reached for the note on the bulletin board and ripped it off. Folding it neatly, he slipped it into a pocket. His lizard tongue flicked across his lips as he then turned to the Half-elf, and extended a large, red claw in greeting. "And you are?"
    benita493
    benita493

Post by benita493 Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 pm

As Zarissa steps forward to shake hands with Dravos, she replies: "I am Zarissa the Red; my friends call me Zar."
    JonoSteffens
    JonoSteffens

Post by JonoSteffens Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Malcer comes forward as well to join the group that is forming and states, "My name is Malcer. Now are we going to go kill some goblins or not?"
    DM
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:47 pm

You are all currently standing in the area marked as 4 on the map of Albridge.
    Is anyone familiar with this area? Or at least this town? If so look in the Map locations below. Anyone wanting more information can roll a History skill check, and anyone from this area gets advantage on that roll.

Explaining Rules: Advantage is where you roll two d20's and take the higher of the two.

Map locations:
    JonoSteffens
    JonoSteffens

Post by JonoSteffens Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Rolled History check [18 + 4 = 22]; Success (confirmed by DJ). "I remember that you could usually acquire information at either the White River Goods, the White Rum Tavern, which I do recall has a fine local brew" ,nudging Daenerys, " or we could always talk to Dargus Thovonak, the town's Constable."
    bret.w
    bret.w

Post by bret.w Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:42 am

"To the tavern!" Dane's voice boomed with excitement. But he paused for a moment, then looked to the others and said, But, come to think of it, talking to the constable might be the more logical of our options. So long as the ales come after."
    benita493
    benita493

Post by benita493 Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Rolled History Check [10+0=10]; Failure
    "I also think that talking to the constable is the better option." Zar paused for a moment and then said with a squeal, "however, I really want to go drinking."

Last edited by benita493 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cookiejahr
    cookiejahr

Post by cookiejahr Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:40 pm

"Ha Ha! Davros replied, "No harm ever came from just a drink or two, if visiting this constable is our most direct source to this goblin clan I say we visit him first; however, this tavern sound like an appropriate celebratory site upon our victory!"  
    bret.w
    bret.w

Post by bret.w Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:19 pm

"We may have to scout the Tavern out, just the same," Said Dane with a sly grin. "To see if the place is indeed worthy to host our victory party." His gloriously velvet voice boomed in excitement as he started off in the direction of the Tavern. Dane had come through the town before, and knew of the Tavern and its location. (Wanderer feat ftw.)
    DM
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 am

Danes, knowing the location, led the party to the south across the wide stone bridge across the White River. The sound rushing cold water splashing against the stone. Even from across the river you all see the White Rum Tavernto some of you a familiar sight–others a new sight–a pale white building with light gray shingles. It's a single floor building but slightly raised to accommodate a cellar. A whitestone brick chimney sends wisps of black smoke.
    As you come around the corner you see the wooden sign with the name plainly written in common: The White Rum Tavern. With a half full bottle painted behind. Even while outside of the building you can smell bread being baked and ale. The smell is stronger once you open the singular door.
    The Tavern has a large open area with various round wooden tables with chairs around them. Along the far wall there is a long hand crafted single piece redwood bar with matching stools, there is a singular dwarf at the end of it face against the top–most likely asleep. Behind the bar a slender half-elf man stands cleaning glassware.
    He is tall, slender half elf, with a bony face, a crooked smile that makes him always seem like he's smirking. His short blonde hair falls slightly into his face and blue eyes. He is dressed in plain browns and a coarse leather apron. As you enter he calls out in a near Scottish accent, "Aye, welcome to my Tavern, what can I do for you travelers?"

(OOC: I updated the descriptions slightly since it didn't entirely make sense. EDITED AGAIN, with help from Bronte, thank you.)

Last edited by DM on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    benita493
    benita493

Post by benita493 Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Zar walks up to the bar and takes a seat. She then turns to the bartender and asked with a devilish smile: "What can you tell us about the towns constable, Dargus Thovonak? Also I would like a drink, what do you have?"

Last edited by benita493 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DM
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:57 pm

The bartender eyes the tiefling but then glances to the other members of the party.

"We've got Ale, and the like, here," he hands you a rough handwritten menu. "And Dargus? Why don't you ask 'im." The bartender points at the dwarf at the end of the bar, obviously asleep, with his hand still grasping the metal tankard.

MENU

MEALS
    Farmer’s meal: 6 cp
    Standard meal: 3 sp
    Expensive meal: 5 sp

DRINKS
    Pint of beer/ale: 5 cp
    Pint of mead: 1 sp
    Gallon of beer/ale: 3 sp
    Pitcher of cheap wine: 2 sp
    Bottle of White River Wine: 8 gp
    Farmer’s Rum (bottle): 8 cp
    White Rum (bottle): 1 sp
    Pale liquor (bottle): 2 gp

LODGING
    Standard rooms: 1 sp
    Nice rooms: 5 sp

(OOC: For people wanting to keep track of their wealth and loot without needing to constantly update their character sheets [unless a weapon, spell, etc. is upgraded which we will have to then] I created a wealth document for everyone. Here is the LINK.
    benita493
    benita493

Post by benita493 Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:44 pm

"I am going to have a pint of mead and a standard meal." Zar then turns to the rest of her traveling companions and asks: "Should we wake the dwarf, he is the constable?"

Last edited by benita493 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bret.w
    bret.w

Post by bret.w Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:11 pm

[Rolled intimidation check 20+3=23 (crit baby!) Confirmed by DM.]
    Dane grinned widely, cracking his knuckles together as he calmly said, "I shall wake the slumbering dwarf." As he ambled up to the slumbering dwarf, Dane quietly sat down on the stool next to him. Dane drew closer to the sleeping dwarf until his snout almost touched the dwarf's nose. "AWAKEN YOURSELF MY DEAR CONSTABLE!" Dane yelled aloud, the window panes rattled a bit.
    DM
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:36 pm

As the Dragonborn slammed his fist down on to the bar, it sent a resounding 'thud' echoing through the room. The dwarven man awakes so violently he falls off of his stool. Visibly shaken you see on the wood floor a black haired and bearded dwarf with light strands of gray running around the edges of both. His cold silver eyes look up at the dragonborn in fear but ready for combat. In his hands the metal tankard and the other a gnarled and knotted blackwood cane both at the ready to strike at the foe. Now seeing the front you see that his clothing is much nicer, with deep blues accenting blacks and a silver belt.

After realizing that the resounding sound was not in fact an actual dragon calling for him, he mutters something in dwarvish (see below for translation). He slowly stands up, brushes himself back off and sits back down on the stool. "So, how can I 'elp you? By the looks of you all, seem like the type to seek out the Lords bounty on Warchief Vixack. Especially with this Redscale here, looks like the right cut," He asked with a gruff English accent.

Dwarvish:
    bret.w
    bret.w

Post by bret.w Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:38 am

"We indeed are searching for the scum, Vixack," Dane stated astutely. He waved over to the bartender and said aloud, "A pint of ale for myself, and one for my new dwarven friend!" Dane reached into a pocket and playfully tossed it at the bartender. He looked back to Dargus, then grinned a wide lizard-like grin while stroking his scaley chin. "I do apologize for the manner I've woken you, but I've always wanted to wake someone up like that."
    JonoSteffens
    JonoSteffens

Post by JonoSteffens Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:48 pm

"Barkeep I will have a bottle of White Rum and some glasses for me and all my friends, including the Constable! Oh and just your standard meal for myself as well." Malcer called to the barkeep putting down 5sp and while shrugging and saying,"What? I like the good stuff."
    DM
    DM
    Admin

Post by DM Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm

"I've got, a tin of mead and regular meal for the demon lady. A tin of ale for the constable and the redscale. And a bottle of the white stuff and a regular meal for the wanna angel," he states. He shouts back to where the kitchen is located: "Hey, Urr’llec! I need two reggies, make it snappy!" He turns to the half-elf and looks at him, without shifting gaze he grabs three tin flagons from under the counter and brings them up and fill them from two different barrels. "An'thing for you, sir?"

Dargus Thovonak smiles wide, "Thank you, redscale, wha'cha name, son? And the rest of you lot. I am Dargus of Clan Thovonak, the constable for this fine town. I'm guessing you want more information about the bounty on Vixack?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 am